Create TEI XML Document
A number of tools and methods are available for converting documents into a XML format. One is OpenOffice, which can be downloaded and installed (for free) and which can be set up to export files as TEI 5 compliant files.
To install the filters necessary to do this, follow these steps:
To install TEI5 TEI Export option into OpenOffice
- Download the TEI5 .jar files from SourceForge:
- Open OpenOffice Writer
- Open the 'XML Filter Settings' window from the Tools menu.
- Click the 'Open Package' button.
- Navigate to the jar files you downloaded from SourceForge.
- Install the package. You should now find TEI5 listed in the menu of file type choices when you go to 'Save As'.
To transcribe your existing document into TEI-Format XML documents
This set of steps show how to convert a Word document into a TEI document using the Open Office suite (see above), for use by the Heurist Annotation Transform.
- (Open the Word document. Save this as in Word's native XML format.)
- Open OpenOffice and create a new document.
- Paste, import enter the text into the document.
- Apply any headings and other styles.
- Save the document using a TEI XML filter (see above).
- Create a new TEI Document record in Heurist. (See create XML Record.)*
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured multi-format Help generator